BILATERAL AND MULTILATERAL AGREEMENTS
At present the Republic of Moldova is a party to the following international agreements in the ﬁeld of environment protection, which have indirect relation to the problems of biological diversity conservation, scientiﬁc research development, information sharing and overcoming of negative effects of natural calamities and adverse anthropogenic factors:
1. Protocol on collaboration between the Ministry for Environment Protection of Ukraine and State Department for Environment Protection and Natural Resources of the Republic of Moldova signed in Kiev (Ukraine) on 19 November 1993. This Protocol speciﬁes principal directions for collaboration in the sphere of ﬂora and fauna protection, environmental monitoring, prompt dissemination of information regarding transboundary pollution, mutual provision of assistance in liquidation of aftereffects in case of industrial accidents or natural calamities;
2. Agreement between State Department for Environment Protection of the Republic of Moldova and the Ministry for Natural Resources and Environment Protection of the Republic of Belarus on collaboration in the environmental sphere signed in Chisinau on 23 December 1994 and effective since 14 April 1997. The Agreement speciﬁes principal directions for collaboration in the sphere of improvement of methodology, regulatory, guidance and legislative framework on the use of natural resources, environmental monitoring and availability of information, activities regarding protected areas, and protection of gene pool for rare plant and animal species;
3. Agreement on collaboration between State Ecologic Inspectorate of the Republic of Moldova and between State Ecologic Inspectorate and Fishery Inspectorate of the Vinnitsa Province of Ukraine concluded on 13 June 1996 in the city of Vinnitsa (Ukraine), which provides for guaranteed environmental information sharing, experience sharing and implementation of certain joint programs;
4. Agreement on collaboration between the State Department for Environment Protection of the Republic of Moldova and the Ministry of Waters, Forests and Environment Protection of Romania in the sphere of environment and sustainable utilization of natural resources signed on 18 March 1997. The agreement provides for improvement of methodology, regulatory, guidance and legislative framework on environment protection and use of natural resources, harmonization of legislation, regulations and technical norms in the ﬁeld of environment protection;
5. Convention between the Government of the Republic of Moldova and the Government of Romania on cooperation in the sphere of quarantine and plant protection signed in Bucharest on 15 May 1997 and effective since 21 November 1997. The Convention speciﬁes modalities for exports of plants or vegetable origin products and regulations designed to prevent penetration of organisms subject to quarantine;
6. Agreement between the Ministry of Environment and Territory Protection of the Republic of Italy and the Ministry for Environment, Construction and Territory Development of the Republic of Moldova on collaboration in the sphere of environment protection and utilization of natural resources signed in Chisinau on 10 June 2002. The Agreement speciﬁes directions for collaboration in the sphere of environmental legislation and regulations, environmental monitoring, scientiﬁc research on environmental protection and traditional use of natural resources, protected areas, gene pool protection and environmental education.